Neil Whitehead Study

Ink & Watercolour Artist 

Neil Whitehead was one of the first architecture artists I looked at when I started my art project. I was very intrigued by the detail in his drawings which was contrasted by the messy wash of colour underneath. He typically works with ink and watercolour, however, I wanted to experiment was various background materials such as: acrylic paint, coloured pencils and tissue paper.


Final Response
After a lot of experimentation with his style I created my response to his work with my own drawing. I loved the urban landscape he used, however, I wanted to focus my outcome on one building in order to obtain much more detail. I'm very happy with the outcome                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        - The Natural History Museum, London


I'm always looking to see how I can refine my designs and develop my style. I was very interested by the idea of 3D modelling. Therefore, I wanted to take inspiration from Neil Whitehead and his continuous line art to create a 3D response.

    This is a wire model of the Eiffel Tower which I created and photographed on a variety of backgrounds. I am very happy with the outcome and the resemblance to the artist's style. 


- Eiffel Tower, Paris